SEND Information Report: How / when might your child be identified with SEND?
A child has a special need if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for them. They may require extra support or different help from their peer group e.g. modified tasks, additional equipment, extra time or breaks in formal assessments.
At Park Hill Junior School, along with the support of other other agencies, we aim to help most children overcome their difficulties relatively quickly and easily. However, a few children will need extra help for some or all of their time in school.
This means that they may have difficulty with:
- Some or all of their learning in school;
- Reading, writing or mathematics;
- Understanding information;
- Expressing themselves;
- Understanding others;
- Organising themselves;
- Personal care;
- Sensory perception or physical mobility;
- Managing their behaviour;
- Making friends or relating to other people including adults;
- Understanding and meeting the expectations of the school.
They may also have a sensory or physical health need which may affect them in school.