Criteria for admission to Park Hill Junior School
The school caters for children in Year 3 to Year 6 and is run as a separate school from Park Hill Infant School.
Year 2 children on the roll of Park Hill Infant School do not automatically transfer to Year 3 in Park Hill Junior School. If parents of Year 2 children on the roll of Park Hill Infants wish their child to be considered for a place at our junior school, they must complete a transfer to junior application form, naming Park Hill Junior School, and submit it by the deadline given in this prospectus.
Children with a statement of special educational need that names this school who are admitted during the normal admission round are counted towards the admission number when considering the number of places available for other children.
In the event that the number of applications should exceed the number of places available in the junior school, decisions on the allocation of places will be made in accordance with the criteria listed at paragraphs 1 and 6.
1. Looked-after children and previously looked-after children.
2. Children on the roll of Park Hill Infant School at the time of application.
3. Siblings: children with a brother or sister who will be in attendance at the school or at the attached Park Hill Infant School at the time of enrolment of the new pupil.
4. Medical: pupils with serious medical reasons for needing to attend Park Hill Junior School. For primary age pupils, a serious medical condition of a parent which means their child needs to attend Park Hill Junior School will also be relevant.
5. Children of Staff: children of staff in either or both of the following circumstances:
a) Where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made/or
b) The member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
6. Distance: priority will be given to pupils living nearest to the school.
If you require more information please read our detailed Admissions Policy found under our policies page.