Adverse Weather Information
Snow and Ice
Sometimes the temperature during the school day will increase to a notifiable level. If this occurs, the school will take the following actions but we will not close the school for this type of weather condition:
- If it is a projected weather warning, children will be asked to come into school wearing sun hats, sun cream and with lots of water to drink during the day.
- The school will ensure the children are hydrated during the day by giving frequent hydration breaks.
- Playtimes and break times, we will reduce to the minimum time outdoors
- If sports days occur during these times, which are very often, sports days will be planned for the morning session when it is cooler and aim to be over by midday.
- The staff will keep the school ventilated by leaving windows open, early in the morning and closing them (leaving only a small gap) when the temperature outside becomes higher than inside.